Rosa raises £500 for rabbits


Our Pet Advisor, Rosa Nation, raised £500 for two rabbit welfare charities recently (August 24th, 2013) by penning herself into an indoor dog crate.

The 23-year-old shut herself in the crate for nine hours in aid of the Rabbit Welfare Association and Heaven’s Gate Rehoming Centre.

Rosa said: “The fundraiser was a huge success, thank you to everyone who supported me. I’m delighted to have raised £501.18 for two very worthy causes.

“Rabbits are one of the most neglected animals in the UK and I wanted to experience what life is really like for a neglected rabbit.

“I was very stiff after being cooped up for nine hours but I hope I’ve made people realise it is a very serious animal welfare issue.”

Rosa also featured on BBC Radio 2 to raise awareness of neglected rabbits.

The Rabbit Welfare Association works to improve the lives of domestic rabbits across the UK through education and communication.

Heaven’s Gate Rehoming Centre cares for and re-homes animals, including rabbits, which are unwanted or looking for a new home for other reasons. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog