Rising Star visits Chelsea Flower Show

Our Plant Advisor, Will Michieli, recently attended the Chelsea Flower Show as part of his prize for being a ‘Westland Rising Star’.


Will was named ‘Westland Rising Star’ in January in the Garden Centre Association’s (GCA) and Westland Horticulture’s Rising Stars programme. 

Will said: “I was thrilled to be named as a Westland Rising Star earlier this year and part of the prize was to attend the Chelsea Flower Show.

“I have always wanted to go to the show as it showcases the very best gardens and flowers around. I had a great day looking at all of the different show gardens and hearing from professionals in the industry.

“My favourite part of the show has to be being able to talk to the expert growers in the floral marquees and learning about rare species of plants. I also really enjoyed seeing gardens which had less hard landscaping and more focus on being wildlife-friendly.

“I’m really glad to have had the chance to visit the show as it has inspired me in my own work and has strengthened my passion for gardening.”


Will and our Plant Manager, Andrew Pitman will be hosting a talk on June 3 from 11am during our next Gardeners’ Group, which is inspired by their visits to the show. They will be discussing some of the main themes they saw at the show and how people can apply these to their own gardens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog