A day in the life of Denis


I have recently joined the Monkton Elm restaurant team as the Catering Operations Manager. I am going to be ensuring the smooth transition from our existing restaurant to our fabulous new one, which is due to open in April.

Life at the garden centre is already very busy and I have been working away on a variety of jobs. On a day-to-day basis these have included creating the new seasonal set of menus, which are full of delicious dishes, creating staff rotas, helping with staff recruitment and training as well as being involved with the day-to-day operations and customer relations.

I’ve also lent a hand in the purchasing of new equipment for the restaurant, which has been really exciting.

We’re all looking forward to the new restaurant opening and when it finally does I will be doing all of the above, as well as greeting our lovely customers and assisting them with anything they need. I will also be heavily involved in the expansion of our conference and function facilities.

I am still relatively new to the position but am finding it incredibly exciting and rewarding already. It’s great to be part of such a strong, hardworking team and everyone’s dedication will really show once the new restaurant is open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog