Andrew is off to the Chelsea Flower Show


Our Store Manager, Andrew Pitman, will be heading off to the Chelsea Flower Show this month. We caught up with him to find out what he is most looking forward to seeing while he’s there.

He said: “I’m really excited about heading to the Chelsea Flower Show again this year. It is becoming a bit of a tradition now for me to go along and I always really enjoy it.

“This year we are attending the show as guests of Hillier’s so I’m particularly looking forward to seeing the 200 plant varieties it is showcasing as it is also one of our suppliers. I am always interested to see what they’re up to.

"I think it is a really interesting idea that the company is shining a spotlight on already established plants instead of releasing new introductions this year. It will be using Physocarpus opulifolius, Phormium cookianum, Agapanthus, Fatsia japonica and Sambus nigra in its British garden.

“I’m also really looking forward to seeing what the upcoming trends are in the gardening world. The David Austin Roses stand is always a favourite of mine so I will definitely be paying it a visit to see what fantastic roses they have for us this year – we’ll be stocking the plants later on in the year too."

The Chelsea Flower Show runs from May 19 until 23. Keep checking back here and on our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates from Andrew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog